To reproduce the problem:
1. Create a Random object in the CodePad.
2. Drag it to the object bench (giving it a name)
3. In the CodePad use the name given in the previous step to invoke a method, say getBoolean() as random2.getBoolean() for instance. This works fine, but....
4. In the CodePad use the name given to the Random object on the object bench to invoke the getClass() method inherited from Object, e.g., random2.getClass(). CodePad complains "Error ";" expected". However, getClass() is not void -
- it returns a Class object -- so this should not provoke a syntax error. Other methods inherited from Object, e.g., toString() don't provoke an error.